Saturday, May 22, 2010

Tiffany Inspired Rose Cake

I made a Chocolate Rose Cake with Almond Buttercream Icing-Double Beading on the Bottom with Chocolate Brown and White Icing.  Blues and Browns are a wonderfur color scheme together. I was inspired to make this cake using the renowned Tiffany colors. I watched the "How to make a buttercream rose" Youtube video and referenced my Wilton cake magazine to teach myself how to make a rose. I've been practicing the art of rose making for a week, and it's not as hard as I thought it would be.  It's all about hand and eye coordination.  The key is moving the base in sync with the rose tip, so the rose petals fall into place cohesively.  I made the frosting the day before so I could have a head start in making the roses. 

No comments:

Post a Comment