Monday, April 19, 2010

LA Adventure

Vegas dosen't have too many cake decorating supply stores, so I made sure to hit one up this weekend.  I Yelped for cake decorating stores, found a few, and ended up going to Gloria's Cake and Candy Supply Store in Culver City, LA. They have every kind of cupcake liner colors you can image, tons of sprinkles and toppings, and every size of cake and cupcake boxes you would ever need.  I like to buy what the professionals are buying, and they sold a variety of non-commercial brands.  Items were fairly priced, I spent a lot there but it was because I'm stocking up on supplies I can't find in Vegas! :P 

My girlfriend Julie and I made these mini cupcakes for her USC instructor.  I got the silver sheen sanding sugar (sprinkles) at Gloria's, I love how the metallic color just pops out!  I wrote 'thank you' with a black CK candy writer that I got at Gloria's as well.  CK makes candy writer's in every possible color you can image, the candy is made out of chocolate and dries hard!  I also made mixed berry low fat muffins.  The recipe is similar to the blueberry muffins I posted earlier, but I used splenda for baking instead of sugar.   


No comments:

Post a Comment