Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Shion's Viva Las Vegas Birthday

I made a special birthday cake for my dear friend, Shion. I've known her since high school and have baked her a few birthday cakes. One birthday I made her a daisy bundt cake, and another I made an alien themed cake. This year she celebrated her birthday in Vegas and I drew my inspiration from the infamous "Welcome to Las Vegas" sign and created this cake for her. This was my first time working with fondant. I used Wilton's ready to use fondant, dyed it pink and worked with it just like clay. The cake batter is Shion's favorite, funfetti and I made buttercream frosting and royal icing for piping. It took about 6 hours to make, most of which was waiting and cooling time. It was well worth the time because this is by far the best cake I've made.


2 comments:

  1. and it was absolutely DELICIOUS!!!!! i ate it every morning in my hotel room for breakfast, and every night after drinking! =)

    Eunice i cant express how thoughtful this cake was! all the details showed how much work you put into it! best gift ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you enjoyed it, girl! This was def one of my nicest cakes, this year I can make a SF themed cake for you! :)

    ReplyDelete